The Adirondack Coast Cultural Alliance has announced the 14th Annual Museum Days Weekend throughout Clinton County has been set for June 17th and 18th, inviting visitors and residents to “be a tourist in your own backyard” and explore the area’s wealth of museums, galleries, and cultural organizations.
For two days from 10 am to 4 pm participating locations will offer free admission, including demonstrations, tours, exhibits, hands-on activities, and more. This year’s event coincides with the first of two New York State “Path Through History” Weekends in 2023. The Museum Days Weekend schedule will be published in the Plattsburgh Press Republican and on the Adirondack Coast Cultural Alliance Facebook page.
Participating museums, cultural centers and historic sites include:
- Alice T, Miner Museum, Chazy, NY
- Anderson Falls Heritage Society Museum, Keeseville, NY
- Babbie Rural and Farm Learning Museum, Peru, NY
- Clinton County Historical Association Museum, Plattsburgh, NY*
- Dannemora Village Museum, Dannemora, NY
- Heart’s Delight Farm Heritage Center, Chazy, NY
- Kent-Delord House Museum, Plattsburgh, NY (Both days 11 am to 3 pm)
- Lyon Mountain Mining and Railroad Museum, Lyon Mountain, NY
- Northern New York American-Canadian Genealogical Society, Dannemora, NY (Saturday only by chance or by appointment)
- North Star Underground Railroad Museum, Au Sable Chasm, NY
- Old Post Cemetery, 8 Lake Forest Drive, Plattsburgh (Saturday only 10 am to 3 pm, Program at 3 pm)
- Plattsburgh Air Force Base Museum, Plattsburgh, NY* (Saturday only 10 am to 4 pm)
- Plattsburgh Memorial Chapel, Plattsburgh, NY* (Sunday only 10 am to 4 pm)
- Plattsburgh State Art Museum, SUNY Plattsburgh, NY (Saturday only noon to 4 pm)
- Rouses Point History Welcome Center, Rouses Point, NY (Both days 10 am to 2 pm)
- Samuel de Champlain History Center, Champlain, NY
- The Strand Center for the Arts, Plattsburgh, NY (Saturday only 10 am to 2 pm)
- War of 1812 Museum, Plattsburgh, NY* (Saturday only 10 am to3 pm) *Located on the Old Base Museum Campus (Former Plattsburgh Air Force Base).
For more information, contact Geri Favreau at (518) 569-8984 or email@example.com, or visit the Adirondack Coast Cultural Alliance website.
Photo of Museum Days display at the Clinton County Court Building by Geri Favreau.