The Wild Center in Tupper Lake, NY, has announced the return of Wild Lights presented by Merrill L. Thomas, Inc. This seasonal experience transforms The Wild Center’s 115-acre campus into a winter wonderland, with a variety of activities, displays, lights, and dates added this year due to popular demand.
Wild Lights will run on Friday and Saturday evenings from 5 to 8 pm, with tickets on sale now.
Once the sun goes down, Wild Lights sets The Wild Center ablaze with thousands of twinkling lights, nearly double the amount of last year.
This years Wild Lights features:
- a light tunnel across Rainbow Bridge
- Forest Music: the looped trail with over 130 trees wrapped in colorful lights and a new musical composition from Whatever Penny titled Taiga, creating a magical three-dimensional winter soundscape
- the award-winning Wild Walk elevated and accessible platform which has been strung with tens of thousands of lights and also features new winter installations
- Stickwork: stroll through Patrick Dougherty’s “Hopscotch,” outlined in glowing lights
Also new this year, guests can head inside The Wild Center to warm up with hot drinks, tasty food and interactive light-up pieces, such as an oversized Lite Brite. The Wild Supply Co. will be open for shopping, as well as the Living River Trail where guests can watch the North American River Otters play.
With more lights and activities come additional Wild Lights dates. The 2022-2023 season is as follows:
- Fridays and Saturdays from through February 25th;
- Open nightly during Holiday Week – December 16th to 24th and December 26th to 31st;
- Open nightly during World University Games Week – January 13th to 21st; and
- Open nightly during President’s Week – February 17th to 25th.
In addition, The Wild Center will host three special events featuring local breweries. Friday Nights Lights and Flights will take place on December 30th, January 20th and February 24th for guests 21 years and older.
Admission to Wild Lights is to be purchased separately from regular day-time Wild Center admission. From November 26th to February 25th, member pricing is $5 for adults & free for children under 18, and non-member pricing is $10 for adults $10, $5 for youth, and free for children 4 and under. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit the Wild Center website.
Photos, from above: Stickwork lit up courtesy Rick Godin; and Forest Music courtesy Carolyn McGraw Walker.