Governor Kathy Hochul recently announced the completion of a $3.2 million project to revitalize the Coxsackie State Boat Launch and Riverside Park on the Hudson River in Greene County.
The site is a designated Hudson River Greenway Water Trail site, and is the first to be renewed under the Hudson Eagles Recreation Area, an initiative to improve public access and resiliency on the wild stretch of the Hudson River between Albany and Kingston and enhance connections to the waterfront communities in the region.
Site improvements include:
- New open-air pavilion to host weekly Farmers Markets and other special events.
- New trees, landscaping, and seating throughout the site.
- Improved bike and pedestrian connections between the waterfront and downtown.
- New welcome, wayfinding, and orientation signage.
- Basketball court renovations.
- Improvements to the boat launch include new floating gangways and docks to make launching easier, a new ADA-compliant kayak launch, and added space for transient boater tie-ups.
- A new boat wash station, a rain garden to control stormwater, electric vehicle charging stations, and LED lighting fixtures.
For more information, click here.
Photo of Coxsackie State Boat Launch provided.