The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) has announced that pre-proposals for the 2021 Sustain Our Great Lakes (SOGL) grants are due February 16th.
The Sustain Our Great Lakes program is soliciting proposals to benefit fish, wildlife, habitat and water quality in the Great Lakes basin. The program will award approximately $8.5 million in grants in 2021 to improve and enhance stream, riparian and coastal habitats; and water quality in the Great Lakes and its tributaries, including a new focal area within Wisconsin’s Lake Michigan Watershed.
Grant funding will be awarded in these basin-wide categories:
- Restore and Enhance Stream and Riparian Habitat
- Restore and Enhance Coastal Habitats
- Expand Green Stormwater Infrastructure in Great Lakes Communities
- Maintain and Enhance Benefits of Habitat Restoration through Invasive Species Control
- New in 2021: Accelerate Implementation of Conservation Practices and Regenerative Agriculture on Working Lands
Eligible applicants include non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and state, tribal and local governments.
More information is available online.
Map of Great Lakes Basin courtesy DEC.