The Foxy Brown X-Country Ski Trail is a 5.6-mile trail located within the Jessup River Wild Forest, in Piseco (in the town of Arietta, Hamilton County).
After traveling along the Piseco Airport runway, the trail routes users primarily through over a newly built bridge across a muddy bog and northern hardwood forest. To complete a loop, users will follow the trail just north of the runway and should be sure to check for oncoming aircraft before traveling back to the trailhead and parking area.
In 2019, DEC went into a Volunteer Stewardship Agreement with Piseco Lake Association (PLA) allowing PLA to maintain the trail. During the 2020 field season the following improvements were made by DEC Lands & Forest staff and PLA volunteers:
- Construction of a 150’ ski bridge
- Replacement-in-kind by the PLA board of a 25’ ski bridge
- Brushing and blowdown removal
- Installation of new signage and trail markers
- Installation of mileage markers every quarter-mile
- Repairs to an existing bridge
- Removal of foot snags and large rocks from the trail tread.
The trailhead is located on Airport Road, about a mile north of central Piseco.
Featured hikes are recommended by DEC.
Map of trailhead location provided by Adirondack Atlas.