The Preservation League of New York State is offering free webinars to assist New York homeowners and commercial property owners better understand how Historic Tax Credits can benefit their preservation projects. The “Road Map to Historic Tax Credits” series will go in depth on the tax credit program.
The Preservation League is also offering Virtual Office Hours, for more informal opportunities for property owners to ask questions about the tax credit and fill out the application, as well as receive personalized technical assistance for their historic home maintenance and rehabilitation projects.
Road Map to Historic Tax Credits Schedule
- NYS Historic Homeownership Rehabilitation Credit – May 4, 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- Learn the basics of this program and hear from homeowner Nick Zumbulyadis on his personal experience with the program in the Maplewood Historic District in Rochester.
- Register at: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_xIt6_eeDTxex3SRMqbqG4g
- Utilizing the NYS Homeowner and Commercial Tax Credits in conjunction for mixed use projects (owner occupied multi-family or mixed-use buildings) – June 1, 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- The League will be joined by guest speaker Mike Puma of Preservation Studios.
- Register at: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Wk8r22qcRviVc1FTX_rT4w
- NYS Tax Credit Program for Income Producing Properties & Federal Investment Tax Credit Program for Income Producing Properties – June 29, 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- The League will be joined by guest speaker Jason Yots of Preservation Studios.
- Register at: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_H70Rz5-bT-yHCv8IqiwJ0Q
Architects are eligible to receive 1 HSW credit hour towards satisfying their continuing education license renewal requirements after attending any of the three above webinars. The Preservation League of New York State is a certified sponsor of Continuing Education Credits for Architects through the New York State Education Department
Virtual Office Hours Scheduled
The League’s Southern Tier Field Consultant Janna Rudler will offer more personalized technical assistance for your historic home maintenance and rehab projects, with a focus on historic tax credits. Questions are welcome and encouraged.
- Window maintenance and repair – May 7, 10:00 a.m.
- Special guest Kurt Riegel of Riegel Restoration.
- Register at: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zDVlgh0vRA2Tqfp1GdGSjw
- Energy efficiency and preservation – June 4, 10:00 a.m.
- Guest TBA.
- Register at: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_1ohDEk_vR4KXdFfS2gK2Gg
- Upper floors reuse – July 2, 10:00 a.m.
- Special guest Elise Johnson-Schmidt will talk about upper floors reuse in historic downtowns.
- Register at: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_AUk9Pk2_T9uN6tGpNQfOGQ
About the Preservation League of New York State
Since its founding in 1974, the Preservation League has had a goal to preserve our historic buildings, districts and landscapes. You can connect with the Preservation League online at preservenys.org, on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.